HELIOPHYSICS OF SOLAR SYSTEMS: SUMMER SCHOOL
We seek students and undergraduate level teachers for a unique professional experience. All will learn about the exciting science of heliophysics that reaches from the Earth's troposphere to the depths of the Sun, and from the formation of the solar system to the distant future. A goal of the Summer School is for the group of teachers to develop materials from the course that can be applied in undergraduate classes.
12-19 July 2013
Deadline: 1 March
Student Application Requirements:
* Currently enrolled as a graduate student, or first/second year as postdoc.
* Major in physics with an emphasis on astrophysics, geophysics, plasma physics, and space physics, or experienced in at least one of these areas.
* Pursuing a career in heliophysics or astrophysics.
Teacher Application Requirements:
* At least three years of teaching experience. (Already having a connection with heliophysics is not a requirement.)
* Currently teaching physics (preferably electricity & magnetism), astronomy/planetary science, or Earth sciences at undergraduate level.
* Willingness to provide feedback on lectures and supporting materials.
Workforce development; Teaching the undergraduate STEM major; Career-building and resources
|Institution:||UC Berkeley Space Science Laboratory|