Lunar and Planetary Institute
Planetary Data in Learning Environments
A Community Workshop
Monday, August 1, 2005
Who are the current and future audiences using planetary data products and how are they best engaged?
Each group should designate a facilitator and a scribe.
The scribe will document the group discussion (computer, notepad); notes will be given to the program organizers.
The facilitator will report out to the workshop participants at the close of the group discussion. Please refer to the “Group Report-Out Questions”
Possible guiding questions
We recommend that Group A begin by determining the possible audiences. Break into smaller groups to discuss different audiences.
- What does experience tell us about working with this audience using data?
- What data are appropriate/engaging?
- How are the data best presented to meet audience needs?
- Who are the partners involved/needed?
- What engagement/dissemination avenues are appropriate? New avenues?
- What training is needed?
- Where are the gaps in successfully connecting with this audience?
- What exemplary programs exist?
- What research exists/is needed with respect to this topic?
- What additional information is needed to best engage this audience?
Group Report-Out Questions (facilitator)
- What were the major findings/discussion points?
- What needs were identified?/What additional information is needed from this community group?
- What are the priorities?
- How can the PDE Initiative assist? How will this community group interact with the PDE?
- What are the next steps to address the needs and priorities?
Back to Workshop home page