About Explore!
Topics
Calendar
Discussion Boards
News Archive
Contact Us

Education home page

School Partnerships

Network with other children's program providers and discuss strategies for bringing space science to children on this board. Share successful programming ideas or models to help inspire others!

School Partnerships

Postby laconte » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:42 am

Have you formed a partnership with local schools to offer Explore! programs? If so, please share your experience with us!
laconte

Full Name: Keliann LaConte

Re: School Partnerships

Postby Reynolds » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:00 pm

I have been able to develop a partnership with the Meigs County schools. We will present a weekly afterschool program at each of our county's elementary schools for ten weeks beginning October 5th for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students. The middle school and high school science clubs will provide student volunteers to help me with the program. The local energy cooperative has donated $1000 to be used for purchasing materials to be used in the program. Several astronomy outreach programs have agreed to send presenters, including a solar astronomy outreach program (www.charliebates.org) from Atlanta. They will be bringing 9 solar telescopes to the school for us on October 12th. We are all excited about starting this in Meigs County. I hope everyone else from the workshop has great success establishing an "Explore" program in their communities.

Judi Reynolds
Meigs County - Decatur Public Library
Reynolds

Full Name: Judith Reynolds

Re: School Partnerships

Postby laconte » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:34 am

That sounds like so much fun, Judi! What a great network you've created from the schools, students, outreach programs, and the energy cooperative. Good luck and let us know how it goes!
laconte

Full Name: Keliann LaConte

Return to Planning Children's Programs