Hurricane season begins on June 1. The library has several books and videos about the effects of hurricanes on the Gulf Coast and about how to prepare:
- Hurricane Ike: A Photographic Account presented by the Houston Chronicle
- In Ike’s Wake: Southeast Texas Endures Hurricane’s Devastation by the staff of Beaumont Enterprise
- Overcoming Ike: Standing by You-Commemorative 6 Month Anniversary DVD by KHOU-TV
- Hurricane Rita: Reflections of a Generation Witnessing Disaster edited by Vertna Bradley
- Isaac’s Storm: A Man, a Time, and the Deadliest Hurricane in History by Erik Larson
- Hurricane Preparedness: Before, During, & After by ShowMeHow Videos
These books and DVDs are currently on display in the library.