FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Is the program open to non-U.S. citizens?
Yes, the program is open to international undergraduates as well as students from the United States.
2. Can participants start the ten-week internship after the program start date?
Start dates for the internship are flexible. Students on the quarter system often request late start dates. The program tries to be as accommodating as possible.
3. Where should my school send my transcript?
Transcripts should be sent to:
LPI Summer Intern Program
3600 Bay Area Blvd
Houston, TX 77058-1113
Note: Please add your application number from the online application, if known.
4. When will applicants be notified of their selection?
We will start notifying applicants March 12, 2012. All notifications should be made by March12, 2012.
5. Who is eligible for the program?
College undergraduate students with a least 50 semester hours of credit (or equivalent sophomore status) who are interested in pursuing a career in the sciences are eligible to apply. Students with majors in a physical or natural science, engineering, computer science, or mathematics have an advantage, but any eligible student may apply.
6. Are graduates and students already holding a bachelor's degree eligible to participate in the program?
While we do consider the applications of graduating seniors, they are not the main focus of the program. The program is really geared for students finishing their sophomore and junior years.
7. Where will the internship be located?
Interns will be located either at the Lunar and Planetary Institute or the NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas.