Denver, CO, 6-11 October 2013
1. Registration (last chance for regular !) Regular Registration: 24 July – 5 September 2013
Late Registration: 6 September – 19 September 2013
2. Hotel Information
DPS has secured rooms at the Sheraton Downtown Denver Hotel.
The deadline to make reservations is 3 September 2013. Booking outside of our reserved block results in significant increase in meeting costs for everyone.
+1-888-627-8405 – Phone Reservations
3. Prizes, members meeting
Please attend our Prizes and Members meeting (all in Plaza A) :
- (109) Monday, 7 Oct., 1:30pm-2:20pm: Welcome; Kuiper Prize Lecture: Small is NOT Dull: Unraveling the Complexity of Surface Processes on Asteroids, Comets and Small Satellites, J. Veverka
- (119 ) Monday, 7 Oct., 7:30pm-8:30pm: Sagan Medal Public Talk: Near-Earth Objects: Finding Them Before They Find Us, Don Yeomans
- (203 )Tuesday, 8 Oct., 10:30-12:00 : Members Meeting
- (212 ) Tuesday, 8 Oct., 7:30pm-9:00pm : Agency Night
- (306 ) Wednesday, 9 Oct., 1:30pm-2:20pm: Sagan Medal (D. Yeomans); Urey Prize Lecture: From Pebbles to Planets, A. Johansen
- (409 ) Thursday, 10 Oct., 1:30pm-1:45pm: Masursky Award (R. Greeley); Eberhart Award (R. Kerr)
4. Late Abstract Deadline Reminder: 3 September 2013
If you are still waiting on research results, or if you just forgot to submit your abstract before the regular deadline, you are in luck! There are 6 more days to submit a late abstract for a poster session. Visit the following webpage for additional information:
5. Hartmann Travel Grants for Denver 2013
We are pleased to announce that there were 11 winners of the Hartmann student travel awards for the DPS 2013 Denver meeting. We look forward to seeing these students in Denver, and we will introduce them at the DPS Business Meeting on Tuesday at 10:30 in Plaza A.
The DPS encourages all DPS members to make a contribution to the Hartmann Travel fund (see donation info at http://dps.aas.org/meetings/travel_grant). We sincerely thank all the DPS members who have already contributed.
Heidi B. Hammel
DPS Vice Chair
6. Exhibiting at DPS
Exhibitors at the DPS Meeting have an opportunity to speak directly with the customers they are serving. If your institution, observatory, company, lab or university is doing business in astronomy…you need to be exhibiting at the DPS Meeting in Denver. Contact Debbie Kovalsky, firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-328-2010 x110.
7. Banquet :
Come to Denver Museum of Nature & Science for the DPS Banquet on Wed. Oct. 9th Fun evening of good food, music (in planetarium, featuring surprise planetary musician) and a free roam of the Space Odyssey and Gems & Minerals (including spectacular gold from the Colorado hills). No speeches!
Student Ticket: $60
Regular Ticket: $80
Please sign-up for the Banquet using the online registration form. If you have already registered for the meeting but would like to attend the Banquet, please call our Registrar Tracy Beale at 202-328-2010 ext. 106. Banquet tickets are limited.
8. Sponsorship Opportunities
Are you looking for more exposure for your company and a way to support astronomy? Look no further than a DPS Meeting Sponsorship. We can customize packages to fit your budget and needs. Contact Debbie Kovalsky, email@example.com or 202-328-2010 x110.
Please also remember to donate to the new professional development award for planetary scientists, the Susan Niebur Professional Development Fund. The fund will provide financial assistance to qualifying DPS members to facilitate their attendance at the annual DPS meeting by offsetting dependent-care costs, either at the meeting location or at home during the week of the conference. In this, its inaugural year, the Susan Niebur Professional Development Fund will support Dependent Care Grants for the 45th annual meeting of the DPS in Denver, Colorado, 6-11 October 2013.
To apply, please fill out the online form by Sept. 2, 2013 at:
More information about the new fund, including how to donate: