There will be a special Spitzer session at the upcoming winter AAS in Washington D.C.
When: Tuesday, January 7, 2014, 10-11:30 AM
Where: Potomac Ballroom C
As NASA’s final Great Observatory enters its second decade of science observations, this special session will highlight the unique and evolving science enabled by Spitzer in the fields of exoplanet characterization, stellar variability, and high-redshift galaxies and clusters. The speakers will also explore future discoveries made possible by operating Spitzer through 2018 and mining the rich public archive after the end of operations.
* Lisa Storrie-Lombardi: Introduction
* Sara Seager: Spitzer’s Past and Future Exoplanet Legacy
* Peter Capak: Pushing the Frontiers to z > 10 with the Spitzer Space Telescope
* Ann Marie Cody: Spitzer and Variable Young Stars: Shining a Spotlight on Circumstellar Disks
* Casey Papovich: The Spitzer View of Galaxy Clusters in the Distant Universe
For abstract information please see: http://ssc.spitzer.caltech.edu/mtgs/aas223
We hope to see you there!