Do you have – or know of — undergraduates currently conducting research in planetary sciences, astrobiology, and lunar sciences?
Encourage them to participate in the NASA YSS Undergraduate Research Conference!
For the fourth consecutive year, the NASA-sponsored Undergraduate Research Conference will take place Sunday, March 16, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in conjunction with LPSC 2014 at The Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel and Convention Center.
The Undergraduate Planetary Science Research Conference includes:
- Panels on “How to Choose the Grad School Right for You,” “Alternative Careers in Science,” and “Women in Planetary Science”
- Poster sessions where students will present their research to other students and to the scientific community
- “Meeting Mentors,” which will pair students with a scientist for part of the LPSC meeting, so students can learn how to engage at a scientific conference
- Opportunities to meet other undergraduate researchers, graduate students, and scientists
Undergraduate students currently conducting research in planetary sciences, astrobiology, and lunar sciences are eligible.
Interested undergraduates should:
1) Apply for the NASA YSS Undergraduate Research Conference by submitting the indication of interest form by close of business February 07, 2014. This form serves as the registration form for the Conference.
2) Submit an abstract for the NASA YSS Undergraduate Research Conference by February 21, 2014. All NASA YSS Undergraduate Research Conference student participants, and all participants receiving travel support, are expected to submit an abstract and present a poster at the conference.
* These forms are part of the USRA Meeting Portal, which requires users to set up a personal profile to access the form (setting up a profile is quick and easy, requiring only about two or three minutes). You must be logged in to the portal to access the forms.
Some travel support will be available to students who qualify. Priority will be given to students of diverse backgrounds. To receive support, students must attend the entire NASA YSS Undergraduate Research Conference and present a poster. Students are encouraged to attend LPSC and any travel support can be applied to registration for and participation in LPSC.
For additional information, please contact Andy Shaner at email@example.com.