The first scheduled speaker, Lindley Johnson, is a victim of the winter storm hitting the US East Coast, so he will not be giving the first lecture tomorrow in the new Asteroid Virtual Seminar Series. Lindley Johnson and David Morrison have traded speaking times.
Therefore, the first lecture (a historical overview NEAs and planetary defense), will be given by David Morrison at 11am Eastern on February 14.
- Feb 14 David Morrison (NASA Ames & SSERVI):
History of impacts research and planetary defense
- Feb 28 Lindley Johnson (NASA Headquarters):
NASA’s NEA programs
- Mar 14 Paul Chodas (NEO Program Office at JPL):
NEA discovery, orbit calculation and impact probability
- Mar 28 Alan Harris (JPL retired):
NEA populations and impact frequency
- Apr 11 Dan Britt (University of Central Florida):
Physical properties of NEAs