Re: [SBAG Science Issues] Science Issues Update Hey Joe,
|Subject: ||Science Issues Update|
|Author: ||Harold A Weaver <Hal.Weaver@jhuapl.edu>|
|Date: ||11-Nov-2010 11:21:54|
You might also want to point out that the White Papers written in August to support the Decadal process will provide a good starting point for the areas given below.
On 11/11/10 8:43 AM, "Nuth, Joseph A. (GSFC-6900)" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
To all on the Science Issues Listserver,
We have had several volunteers so far, most of whom responded almost immediately to my request. We obviously need more, but this is a great start. Interestingly enough, these volunteers duplicated topics in their requests, so I chose the lead author for the topic by the time stamp of their email and/or by their own wording. In the cases below, the first person listed is the lead while the second should provide text to the lead especially for areas they feel are important. Email addresses were included to facilitate contact.
While each subtopic should be concise, there is currently no official page limit. However, in a practical sense a ROADMAP should not be an exhaustive encyclopedia. One option is to concisely address the issues in the main text, but include a more extensive writeup as an appendix to the Science Issues section. Unless Mark Sykes vetos that idea, that will be the venue for any extensive discussions of current controversies that anyone wants to include in the Issues Section with a short summary included in the Roadmap itself.
• Meteorites, IDPs and Returned Samples
• Short and Long-Period Comets
• Near Earth Objects (Apollos, Atens & Amors)
• Main Belt Asteroids (and comets) Andy Rivkin, Rivkin, Andy S. [Andy.Rivkin@jhuapl.edu], Julie Castillo-Rogez, Castillo-Rogez, Julie C (3227) [email@example.com]
• Phobos and Demos Marc Fries, Marc Fries [firstname.lastname@example.org], Andy Rivkin, Rivkin, Andy S. [Andy.Rivkin@jhuapl.edu]
• Large, Icy Satellites of the Giant Planets Julie Castillo-Rogez, Castillo-Rogez, Julie C (3227) [email@example.com] , Akos Kereszturi [firstname.lastname@example.org]
• Irregular Satellites of the Giant Planets
• Trojan Asteroids
• Centaurs and Trans Neptunian Objects
• Pluto and Kuiper-Belt Objects
• Small Bodies in the Oort Cloud
We are off to a good start with several objects already covered. Please let me know who wants to lead the discussion of the others.