15th Meeting of the Venus Exploration and Analysis Group (VEXAG)
Venus Exploration Analysis Group (VEXAG) Meeting #15 will be held on Tuesday–Thursday, November 14–16, 2017, at the Applied Physics Laboratory, Laurel, Maryland.
Giada Arney, University of Washington
Martha Gilmore, Wesleyan University
Robert Grimm, Southwest Research Institute
Gary Hunter, NASA Glenn Research Center
Constantine Tsang, Southwest Research Institute
Tuesday, November 14, 2017 — NASA and Mission Reports
Wednesday, November 15, 2017 — Venus Science and Technology Reports
Thursday, November 16, 2017 — VEXAG Activities (adjourn at mid-day)
If you'll be attending in person and haven't done so already, please enter your name on the Meeting Registration/Intent to Attend Form on the VEXAG Web-Site on or before October 27.
Call for Abstracts
Abstracts are solicited for all topics related to Venus, including applicable technologies, modeling techniques and the study of Venus-like exoplanets.
Abstract Deadline – SEPTEMBER 14 at 5:00 p.m. U.S. Central Daylight Saving Time (GMT -5)
- First authors are not limited to submission of only one abstract.
- No late abstracts will be accepted, regardless of the reason.
- Abstracts sent by e-mail will NOT be considered.
- Abstracts are limited to one page.
- All abstracts must be submitted in PDF format.
- All abstracts must be submitted in U.S. letter size format (8.5” × 11”) and include a one-inch margin on all four sides; A4 submissions will be rejected by the system.
- Abstract file sizes must be no larger than 3 MB; larger files will be automatically rejected by the system.
- If not using the template provided, leave a one-inch margin on all four sides of your document.
Authors are encouraged to start the submission process early so the USRA staff will have time to provide assistance in the event of technical problems. For technical assistance, contact Linda Garcia (281-486-2142), or send an e-mail message to email@example.com.
Unable to Produce PDF Files? Authors who are unable to produce a PDF file may send their source files (must be in Word or PostScript format) to USRA no later than September 7, 2017. A PDF file will be created and returned to the author, but it is the author’s responsibility to submit that PDF file by the time of the abstract deadline. Source files should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU NEED TO REVISE YOUR ABSTRACT (PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE ONLY):
If you discover an error and need to replace your abstract file, or correct the information submitted on the form, return to the abstract submission portion of the meeting portal and click on the "Update" link that appears next to the title of the abstract you submitted.
Preparation and Submission of Abstracts
Step 1: Download the appropriate template
Step 2: Write the abstract (no more than two pages) using the format shown in the template
Step 3: Create a PDF file (no larger than 1.5 MB)
Step 4: Fill out the electronic abstract submission form and upload the abstract file