Collection and Use of Personal Information
The lunar and planetARy app does not collect any personal information by itself; however, libraries from Unity3D and Vuforia's augmented reality kit, may or may not collect and use personal information as described below.
The Vuforia AR platform may collect the following information or “statistics”:
- Information about the end users’ devices such as:
- Make, model, and firmware version of the user’s device
- Operating system name and version number of the user’s device
- Camera profile version
- Information about the software used to create the Developer Application such as:
- Vuforia API version
- Vuforia license keys for mobile and digital eyewear licenses
- Cloud Recognition client key for apps that utilize Cloud Recognition (not used by the lunar and planetARy app)
- Information about the Developer Application and its use such as:>
- Application bundle ID
- Application distribution type
- Application version
- Application store identifier
- Initial application session timestamp determined at the first time an app is launched after being installed on a device
- Vuforia feature usage events
- Start Vuforia timestamp
- Camera start time when Vuforia is running
- Recognition event type and timestamps
- Tracker detection timestamp
- The IP address used by the end user’s device for the purpose of inferring the country of use (but not the exact location).
- Images submitted with Cloud Recognition queries in order to match image for a Recognition event (not used by the lunar and planetARy app).
How is collected data used?
The lunar and planetARy app does not collect any personal information by itself. However, Unity3D, Vuforia, and/or its affiliates and service providers may collect and use Statistics: (a) to provide the Software and Services, (b) to improve and optimize the Software and Services for different hardware and software requirements on various consumer devices (commonly referred to as device fragmentation), (c) to facilitate the provision of new products, updates, enhancements, technologies, and other services, (d) to improve the Software, the Services, and other products, services and technologies, and for any business purpose if de-identified and/or anonymized.
How is the data collected disclosed?
The lunar and planetARy app does not collect any personal information by itself. However, Unity and Vuforia uses collected Statistics for business purpose if de-identified and/or anonymized.
How is collected data retained?
The lunar and planetARy app does not collect any personal information by itself. However, data collection by the Unity game engine is aggregated/anonymized and available to developers at stats.unity3d.com. PTC Inc. is responsible for the storage of data collected by the Vuforia AR platform.
How to opt out
You can stop all collection of information indirectly generated by using the lunar and planetARy app by uninstalling lunar and planetARy. You may use the standard uninstall processes available as part of your mobile device.
Children's online privacy protection act (COPPA) compliance
lunar and planetARy doesn't use any online feature by itself; however, it is built using the Unity game engine and Vuforia AR platform.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit http://www.lpi.usra.edu/, we may (or may not) collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.