Astromaterials Research in NASA's Reorganized Planetary R&A Program
A white paper by the Curation and Analysis Planning Team for Extraterrestrial Materials (CAPTEM)
Lunar Sample Reference Suite; "Ground Truth" for Instrument Development and Testing
NLSI Poster, 2010
CAPTEM-LEAG Analysis Document
Review of Sample Acquisition and Curation During Lunar Surface Activities
September 1, 2010
Issues involved in a Mars sample return: Integrity preservation and the (CAPTEM) position
by Clive R. Neal. Reprinted from Journal of Geophysical Research 105, 22487-22,506.
Scientific Rationale for Lunar Sample Return and Potential Sample Targets
Submitted to The NRC Committee on the Scientific Context for the Exploration of the Moon
Workshop on New Views of the Moon II: Integrated Remotely Sensed, Geophysical, and Sample Datasets
September 22–24, 1999 Flagstaff, Arizona
- Program and Abstracts (PDF format)
Bringing Mars Home: Opportunities and Challenges Presented by the Mars Sample Return Mission
by John H. Jones and Allan H. Treiman
Reprinted from Lunar and Planetary Information Bulletin, Issue No. 85
New Views of the Moon Enabled by Combined Remotely Sensed and Lunar Sample Data Sets, A Lunar Initiative (PDF format)
A proposal submitted on behalf of the lunar science community to support ongoing workshops and activities associated with the CAPTEM Lunar Initiative.
Workshop on New Views of the Moon: Integrated Remotely Sensed, Geophysical, and Sample Datasets
September 18–20, 1998 Houston, Texas
CAPTEM white papers submitted to the 2009 NRC Planetary Decadal Survey
To participate as signatory, please contact Allan Treiman, [email protected](list of signatories will continue to be updated until 11:59 PM on September 15, 2009)
- Sample Return from Primitive Asteroids and Comets. Principal author, S. Messenger.
- Sample Return from the Earth's Moon. Principal author, A. Treiman.
- Groundbreaking Sample Return from Mars: The Next Giant Leap in Understanding the Red Planet. Principal Author, Al Treiman.
- Development of Capabilities and Instrumentation for Curation and Analysis of Returned Samples. Principal Author, Andrew M. Davis