- Introduce yourself. Help the participants learn each other’s names (if they don’t already).
- (Optional) Show the participants the video “How We Are Going to the Moon” and frame the activity with the main message: each space mission has a large team with different responsibilities helping it to be successful.
- Ask the participants what they would like to explore on the Moon.
- What would they do on the Moon?
- What are some of the reasons that a trip to the Moon is difficult?
As much as possible, encourage the participants to offer information and to respond to others’ questions. This model can be used to answer questions such as:
- Why do they want to go to the Moon?
- What are some of the jobs people could do on the Moon?
- What help do astronauts need from people on Earth?