- Introduce yourself. Help the participants learn each other’s names (if they don’t already).
- Show the participants the video “How Do You Get To Mars?” and frame the activity with
the main message: each space mission has a large team with different responsibilities
helping it to be successful.
- Ask the participants what they would like to explore on Mars.
- What would they do on Mars?
- What are some of the reasons that a trip to Mars is difficult?
As much as possible, encourage the participants to offer information and to respond to others’ questions. This model can be used to answer questions such as:
- Why do they want to go to Mars?
- What are some of the jobs people could do on Mars?
- What help do astronauts need from people on Earth?