First Texas Area Planetary Science (TAPS) Meeting: August 17–18, San Antonio
In cooperation with our partners, the Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) is excited to announce the first Texas Area Planetary Science (TAPS) meeting will be held on August 17–18, 2023, at The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) Downtown Campus in San Antonio. This inaugural conference aims to strengthen interactions within the Texas planetary-exoplanet science and astrobiology community and foster collaborations and partnerships between institutions and researchers. We encourage researchers, faculty, postdocs, and students interested in planetary science and astrobiology/exoplanet research to join us for this 1.5-day event.
- Build a strong Texas planetary-exoplanet science community
- Showcase the diversity of institutional resources available in the community
- Provide a regular forum for knowledge sharing and idea exchange
Who Can Attend:
- Current planetary science, exoplanet, and astrobiology researchers from Texas institutions (faculty, postdocs, graduate and undergraduate students).
- Researchers (faculty, postdocs, graduate and undergraduate students) from Texas institutions interested in engaging in planetary science and astrobiology/exoplanet research.
Kickoff on Thursday, August 17, 2023, and attend the meeting all day on Friday, August 18. Optional Friday night events will be available.
In-person: UTSA Downtown School of Data Science, San Antonio campus, next to the River Walk. Virtual option: Talks will be live-streamed (details to follow).
- Invited/contributed talks from participating institutions (15 minutes + 5-minute Q&A)
- Scientific posters and 3-minute lightning talks
- Long breaks with refreshments for discussions and networking in the poster hall
- Breakout sessions for specific topics
- Other social/networking activities
Travel support is available for attendees, with priority given to early-career students and postdocs. Others may also apply based on need. Stay tuned for more details about the travel grant application.
A short 2000-character abstract will be due by June (the exact date to be announced).
Mark your calendars and stay tuned for registration information, travel grant application, and abstract submission. We look forward to hosting you at the first Texas Area Planetary Science Meeting!
Please contact Xinting Yu ([email protected]) with questions.
Meet the SOC
Xinting Yu (UTSA-Astro), Chris Packham (UTSA-Astro), Ryan Ewing (TAMU), Caroline Morley (UT Austin), Kennda Lynch (LPI), Matthew Siegler (SMU), Chris Glein (SwRI), Alan Whittington (UTSA-EPS), Cynthia Froning (SwRI), Ngoc Truong (SwRI), Lindsay Fuller (UTSA-Astro), Eloi Camprubi-Casas (UT Rio Grande Valley)