Database stats: 56296 valid meteorite names; 8020 provisional names; 8806 full-text writeups.
News feed for newly approved meteorites: Data sources:
• The Catalogue of Meteorites: 2002 June (current through Met. Bull 87).
• MetBase: v7.2 (current through Met. Bull. 89).
• Antarctic Meteorite Newsletter: through 39(1), 2016 Feb.
• Meteorite Newsletter (NIPR): through v.24, 2015.
• Meteoritical Bulletin: through Met. Bull. 102, 2014.
• Meteoritical Bulletin: 103 -105 (2014, 2015, 2016): Meteorites approved through 22 Apr 2017.
• Provisional names: Provisional names (all approved by NomCom).
• Earth Impact Database: 12 October 2013.
Other tools: Use the Meteorite Name Checking Utility
to check multiple names at once, e.g., as an aid for manuscript submission.
View a list of Collections and repositories.
View a list of Dense Collection Areas.
Use the Meteorite Mapping Utility
to see all meteorites in a geographic area.
Direct link to this page