A 4-year PhD position in impact modeling is open at the Department of Physics, University of Helsinki, Finland as a part of the Academy of Finland funded project entitled: “Composition of dark asteroids – are asteroid collisions responsible for observed compositional mismatch in
main asteroid belt?”¨
– MSc or equivalent in geology, (geo)physics, or planetary science no later than September 1, 2015.
– Fluent English.
– Previous numerical modeling experience.
– Experience with impact modeling and knowledge of iSALE code is an advantage.
– Work in a young enthusiastic team at one of the leading Nordic universities.
– Opportunity to conduct state-of-art research in planetary science.
– Full social benefits according to the Finnish social care system.
– Salary in the range of EUR 2500-2900.
How to apply:
Send the following items to PI Tomas Kohout (firstname.lastname@example.org)
no later than August 2, 2015:
– Motivation letter describing your research interests and previous
– CV and publication list.
– Copy of MSc thesis and MSc diploma.
Successful candidate will be informed latest August 6. The appointment
will start on September 1, 2015.