The Center for Earth and Planetary Studies at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum is advertising for a Research Geologist. The USAJOBS links for applicants to this position are provided below. Please share this message to anyone who may be interested.
- Conducts scientific research in planetary geology, geophysics, and remote sensing with emphasis on data analysis and synthesis, resulting in high quality publications.
- Initiates, prepares, and submits proposals to gain external research support from federal agencies and private organizations.
- Manages funds and acquisition of equipment and supplies; manages grants and contracts, support personnel, and submission of interim and final reports.
- Participates in national & international conferences and meetings of professional associations to report on research findings and trends in fields of planetary geology and geophysics.
- Leads or is a member of a research team or planetary mission science team.