The International Academy of Astronautics will hold its 6th Planetary Defense Conference from April 29 to May 3rd, 2019 in College Park, Maryland, USA. The bi-annual conference brings together world experts to discuss the threat to Earth posed by asteroids and comets and actions that might be taken to deflect a threatening object.
- Key International and Political Developments
- Advancements inNEO Discovery
- NewNEO Characterization Results
- Deflection & Disruption Modeling and Testing
- Mission & Campaign Design
- Impact Consequences
- Disaster Response
- Impact Risk Assessment and Decision to Act
- Public Education and Communication
The conference will include a hypothetical NEO/Earth impact event scenario that will be part of the conference (similar to what was done at previous conferences, https://cneos.jpl.nasa.gov/pd/cs/ ). Conference attendees may also use the hypothetical scenario as their topic for papers and presentations.
The NASA Planetary Defense Coordination Office would like to remind the community that the Early Registration deadline is Friday, March 1, 2019. For more information and to register, visit: http://pdc.iaaweb.org/