We are looking for a Transmission Electron Microscope Specialist to join our team with Jacobs at NASA’s Johnson Space Center.
Please see full job posting at wehavespaceforyou.com, Posting # AS0004CZ (https://jacobs.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=AS0004CZ&tz=GMT-05%3A00).
Please pass along to any qualified applicant. Open to US citizens only.
Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
As a TEM Specialist you will:
- Apply the full range of TEM imaging and nano-analytical techniques currently available in ARES to scientific problems associated with NASA’s returned sample collections including the Apollo lunar samples, meteorites, Stardust comet samples, Hayabusa asteroid samples, cosmic dust/interplanetary dust particles, cometary samples, solar wind samples, and terrestrial rock and mineral analogs.
- Actively pursue collaborations and development of research projects within and outside the department involving analysis of astromaterials samples and analogs.
- Summarize and communicate quantitative results in reports, peer-reviewed scientific manuscripts, and NASA research proposals.
- Work with visiting as well as in-house researchers on all aspects of experimentation and analysis.
- Meticulously document procedures and results, and actively participate in safety programs.
- Contribute broadly across research topics within the Science and Exploration Department and ARES Research, and demonstrate the ability to drive research in one or more disciplines relevant to ARES strategic growth.
- Perform other duties as required.