Assistant Professor – Tenure Track
Department of Chemistry and Physics
College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Teaching responsibilities will include physics and geoscience courses at both the introductory and intermediate levels. The successful candidate will be expected to develop a productive research program to support the undergraduate degree programs (BS in Physics and minor in Geoscience). Serving the department and university in a variety of ways will also be required.
- Ph.D. in Physics (Geoscience emphasis), Geophysics, Earth or Planetary Science (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated potential for excellent undergraduate teaching
- Demonstrated potential for establishing a successful research program involving undergraduate students (All specializations considered; modeling or simulation are of particular interest)
- Experience teaching at the college/university level as a graduate assistant, instructor or above or industrial experience
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multi-cultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities
As a public regional university (with a graduate mission), Southeast seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate (and graduate) education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Scholarship in Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion.
Required Information & Deadline: Application Deadline: The position is available August 2020 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by January 13, 2020. READ MORE