The first season of the NASA Astrobiology Program’s Network for Ocean Worlds quarterly Lecture Series, “Life on Ocean Worlds,” will continue on June 15 at 2 PM Eastern time.
Episode 2: Life on the Seafloors and in the Oceans
June 15, 2pm Eastern Time
WebEx Meeting Link
Meeting Access Code: 904 566 645
Meeting Password: whales
Join by Phone:
+1-510-210-8882 USA Toll
Global Call-in Numbers
Episode 2: “Life on the seafloors and in the oceans” will consist of two
live 20-minute lectures:
1. “Earth: Life on the seafloors and in the oceans” by Dr. Julie Huber, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
2. “Ocean Worlds: Life on the seafloors and in the oceans,” by Dr. Kevin Hand, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
The event is will be held via WebEx. The lectures will each be 20 minutes with 10 minutes for questions. Afterwards, the lines will stay open for an additional 30 minutes for an audience discussion of crosscutting themes between the exploration of oceans and ice on the Earth and in the Solar System. The meetings will be recorded and made available online.
NOW Season 1: Life on Ocean Worlds
· Episode 1: Introduction to Cryospheres: The Ocean Worlds and Earth
· Episode 2: Life on the seafloors and in the oceans
· Episode 3: Life in the ice and ice-ocean interface
· Episode 4: Life on the surface and in atmospheres
If you have any questions, please contact the organizers Sam Howell, Ella Sciamma-O’Brien, Shannon MacKenzie, and Laurie Barge.
For more information, please visit the NASA Astrobiology Program’s Network for Ocean Worlds website.