We are pleased to announce that the call for proposals for the third announcement of opportunity (AO3) for Ryugu samples is now open.
AO3 Website: https://jaxa-ryugu-sample-ao.net/
Ryugu sample database: https://darts.isas.jaxa.jp/curation/hayabusa2/
- Notice of intent to propose (mandatory): Due April 14
- Sample request submission: Due May 1
- Decision announcement: No later than early July
- Sample distribution: July, 2023
- Call for proposals for the fourth AO: July (TBA)
Please check the Ryugu sample catalog and consider your research proposal based on the information described in the guidebook.
Anybody who wants to submit a sample request for the third AO, please login to your account and register by April 14. The proposal submission deadline is May 1.
Because samples from B-type asteroid Bennu will be returned by OSIRIS-REx in this September, this AO will be the last chance to study Ryugu samples before their return.