NAS Study of Laboratory Facilities for
NASA requests that the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) perform a study addressing the following questions:
- What laboratory analytical capabilities are required to support PSD (and partner) analysis and curation of existing and future extraterrestrial samples?
- Which of these capabilities currently exist, and where are they located (including international partner facilities)?
- What existing capabilities are not currently accessible that are/will be needed?
- Whether the current sample laboratory support infrastructure and NASA’s investment strategy meets the analytical requirements in support of current and future decadal planetary missions.
- How can NASA ensure that the science community can stay abreast of evolving techniques and be at the forefront of sample analysis?
Managed for NASA by USRA's Lunar and Planetary Institute