17th Meeting of the Venus Exploration and Analysis Group (VEXAG)
Venus Exploration Analysis Group (VEXAG) Meeting #17 will be held on Wednesday–Friday, November 6–8, 2019, at the LASP Space Sciences Building, Room W-120, 3665 Discovery Dr., Boulder, CO 80303.
Darby Dyar, Mount Holyoke College
Noam Izenberg, JHU Applied Physics Laboratory
Kevin McGouldrick, Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics
Emilie Royer, Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics
If you will be attending in person, please enter your name on the Meeting Registration Form before October 21, 2019.
Call For Abstracts - Abstract deadline has been extended to Friday, August 23.
All abstracts will be presented by poster. All poster contributors are expected to present a 3-minute lightning talk and one slide.
Abstract Deadline — Friday, August 23, 2019, 5:00 p.m. U.S. Central Daylight Saving Time (GMT -5)
- No late abstracts will be accepted, regardless of the reason.
- Abstracts sent by e-mail will not be considered.
- Abstracts are limited to one page.
- All abstracts must be submitted in PDF format.
- All abstracts must be submitted in U.S. letter size format (8.5” × 11”) and include a one-inch margin on all four sides; A4 submissions will be rejected by the system.
- Abstract file sizes must be no larger than 3 MB; larger files will be automatically rejected by the system.
Authors are encouraged to start the submission process early so the LPI staff will have time to provide assistance in the event of technical problems. For technical assistance, contact Linda Garcia (281-486-2142), or send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unable to Produce PDF Files? Authors who are unable to produce a PDF file may send their source files (must be in Word or PostScript format) to the LPI no later than August 14, 2019. A PDF file will be created and returned to the author, but it is the author’s responsibility to submit the PDF file by the time of the abstract deadline. Source files should be sent to email@example.com.
If you need to revise your abstract (prior to the deadline only): If you discover an error and need to replace your abstract file, or correct the information submitted on the form, return to the abstract submission portion of the meeting portal and click on the “Update” link that appears next to the title of the abstract you submitted.
Preparation and Submission of Abstracts
Step 1: Download the appropriate template
Step 2: Write the abstract (no more than one page) using the format shown in the template
Step 3: Create a PDF file (no larger than 3 MB)
Step 4: Fill out the electronic abstract submission form and upload the abstract file
November 6, 2019
- NASA updates
- Invited technique tutorial talks – Venus exploration state of the art in multiple fields (radar, atmospheric analysis, surface analysis, longevity, laboratory simulation, etc.)
- Lightning talks for poster session 1 (1 slide, 3-minute talks)
- Poster session 1
November 7, 2019
- White paper presentation
- White paper breakout groups and discussions
- Lunch/early afternoon field trip
- Lightning talks for poster session 2 (1 slide, 3-minute talks)
- Poster session 2
November 8, 2019
- Findings development, write-up
- VEXAG business
- Steering committee meeting
Student and early career (less than 5 years from PhD) travel support may be available for the 17th VEXAG meeting. Selected recipients of travel grants are expected to present a poster. Support will be provided only for travel within the United States.
To apply, provide a Notice of Intent by Friday, October 3, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org containing:
1. A one-page description of how your participation in this meeting will benefit you professionally and contribute to NASA’s explorations of Venus and an overview of your poster.
2. Your resume
3a. For logistical reasons, also provide:
- Legal full name
- Your affiliation with full address and phone number
- Date of birth
- City/state of birth
- Preferred email address and phone numbers
- Home address
- Emergency contact - name, relationship, and phone number
3b. If you are a foreign national or permanent resident alien, also provide:
- Country of citizenship
- Birth date and birth city, state/region and country
- Passport number, with expiration date
- Visa type, with effective and expiration dates
- Alien registration number (if applicable)
4. An endorsement from an advocate (can be faculty member, advisor, etc.) is suggested but not required.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Millennium Harvest House Hotel, 1345 28th Street, Boulder, Colorado 80302. The cutoff date for the discounted rate is Monday, October 1.
You can make your reservation online or by calling the hotel directly at 303.443.3850, press option #1 for reservations, inform the guest service agent of the block name and booking
CU – LASP VEXAG
Booking ID #1911 VEXAGC